When we enter in Krizia Robustella’s world we don’t know if we are in Barcelona or Brooklyn. All of a sudden the time stops and we are back in the 90s versing hip hop on the streets on New York. Here is what Krizia tells us about her style, celebrities she wants to dress and her inspiration:
1. How did you start your label?
After studying fashion at FD Moda Barcelona and participating with my final project in some fashion contests and winning some awards, I decided to create a new collection to do the same process, and without realizing I started to create my brand. After presenting my collections for 3 seasons in Ego from Cibeles, I won a contest called Bressol Project where they helped us to create us as a company, that’s where I started to think seriously about what I wanted and where I wanted to go.
2. Do you define yourself as a Spanish designer? What aspects of Spanish design can we see in your designs?
I am Spanish because I’ve been here all my life, but thanks to having family in many parts of the world I have traveled a lot. I like the typical topics of the country, irony, fun, colors …
3. How does living in Barcelona impact your design?
As Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city it lets me create freely, although the public may not be the right, increasingly more people understand. In Barcelona live very creative and people doing cool things.
4. Who would you most like to see wearing your collections?
If it has to be someone famous: Snoop Dogg, but I’m content with seeing everyone on the street ;)
5. Who is the biggest inspiration from the fashion world?
I don’t have a fetish, I like to see everything because you always learn something, if you see only what you like you’ll lock in a pattern.
6. A lot of your collections have a hip hop tone to them- why is hip hop important for you?
It’s the music I listen to, it was part of my adolescence, I like the aesthetics of the 80’s, graffiti, rap, urban …
7. What is your favourite collaboration so far?
Uffff it’s very difficult … I have taken something from each experience, I have learned, I enjoyed … I couldn’t pick one because thanks to these collaborations I work with artists and is very very cool when different worlds come together.
8. How important is instagram for your brand, does it help you sell more clothes?
It helps to communicate, to let people know you, to make people see you … It can help to increase sales, of course, in the end what we all want is to sell, to be able to live from our work and enjoy seeing people with our creations down the street
9. If your clothes were showcased in a music video, which music video would it be?
One of Snoop Dog. But also a video of Beyoncé with a story, not very sensual, or Rihanna, why not? But in those more daring and not so commercial videos.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I never think about the future, I like to live in the present and enjoy the things and opportunities that come up, I think is the key to not burn with work or overwhelm.