With Chelsea on both sides of the Atlantic the London-New York tug of war continues as we ask Lucy Watson which city is better. Made in Chelsea star has had a bit of both recently and reveals that while New York promises variety both on the plate and on the dance floor she is a true London ‘Creature’. Also, what we see on telly is how Lucy is privately, enjoying long walks with her pup Digby, working on her blog and her Creature Jewellery label. We were a little surprised that Lucy has almost no dating ‘requirements’- “as long as they have a vegetarian option on the menu”, but in the end it is the company that matters more than the place, and with the new Made in Chelsea series premiere yesterday, we look forward to watch Lucy mingling with best company.
1. You spent a whole two months in New York shooting the new series of Made in Chelsea New York. Are you glad to be home?
Yes, New York was amazing but ultimately I am a home girl. I love being at home, I love London and 2 months is a long time to be away from your friends/family/dog.
2. You are considered the best dressed of the MIC alumni. How did New York fashion compare to our London style?
3. You own Creature Jewellery, which is edgy and sophisticated at the same time. Why did you become a Jewellery designer and not a shoe or a fashion designer?
I actually have a friend that works in jewellery design, therefore I have a direct insight to the industry. She helped me with some of the ideas and it felt right that my first collection was to do with the part of the industry I had better connections with.
4. You are a well known animal lover, was this the basis for the range?
Yes and No. I love animals and I think each one is magnificent in their own way. It is more to do with unique identity and how everyone has something slightly weird but wonderful about them. I like the word Creature to be used as you would use the word freak.
5. What can we expect from Creature next season?
I would love to do a 90s/grunge collection. Skulls and chokers. That kind of vibe.
6. When in London and not on screen how would you spend the day?
I could be shooting for a magazine or attending an event. Working on creature, my blog. I like to pamper myself where I find time. I film most weekends so usually a day off in the week I tend to get my nails done or get a facial. I walk my dog everyday of course.